Thursday, December 17, 2009

TALK AMONGST YOURSELVES

Sometimes, an interviewer just needs to set up the right situation and let the sparks fly. That's what happned when by luck, the stars aligned (literally) and I was able to bring together William Shatner, Leonard Nimoy, Patrick Stewart, Jonathan Frakes and Whoopi Goldberg for "The Star Trek Summit" - a special documentary produced for The Star Trek Motion Picture Collection on DVD and Blu-Ray. As much as I prepared my host, Whoopi, with a ton of questions and was ready to direct the flow of conversation, this roundtable discussion became its own animal. I only had one chance to give everyone direction before the cameras rolled, then I had to trust Whoopi and the group to hold our attention. No problem. The most important lesson learned here was trust your talent, let them do their thing and stay out of the way. In this case everything turned out great.
Below is a sample. Decide for yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment